Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hi! My name is Suzanne (pronounced soo zahn phonetically) Miller.  I have recently moved to Morgantown, WV from Lafayette, LA.  I grew up right outside of Baton Rouge and received a BS in Communications Studies from LSU.  I went back to school last August to UL-Lafayette to earn another BS, this time in Elementary Education.  After moving in September, I am now attending Fairmont State to finish pursuing my degree.
I believe that children start school excited to learn.  It is especially important for early elementary school teachers to cultivate and inspire this excitement into a love of learning that will last throughout their lifetimes.  I also believe that integration of curriculum is important.  Why should each subject be relegated to it's specific time of day?  When learning about addition, the lesson could begin by reading One More Bunny: Adding from One to Ten by Rick Walton.  A science lesson on seasons could start with an introduction on the artist Claude Monet.  The students would then learn about the seasons and then do a water color project where they could express their knowledge of the four seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment